“My child is whole and successful today because the right people, teachers, therapists, and opportunities were put in our path; and because I refused to succumb to the darkness.” – Parent
Over the past 80 years, ANDRUS has grown from a private home for 60 orphaned children into a nationally recognized leader in professional services for vulnerable children and families.
Our programs range from an acclaimed special education school to community-based mental health clinic, child care facilities, community supports, and advocacy services that touch the lives of more than 4000 children and families every year.
Special Education School : The Orchard School:
The Orchard School provides intensive clinical and academic support
The ANDRUS Orchard School anchors our work with children challenged by emotional, behavioral, developmental, and mental health issues. On our peaceful, historic campus, residential and day students in grades K-9 benefit from award-winning academics, innovative clinical therapies, and a dedicated, caring staff. Learn more about The Orchard School.
Community-Based Mental Health Services :
Mental Health Services strengthen children and families under stress
ANDRUS’ community-based mental health programs provide support and services to help individuals and families build on strengths and receive timely support and treatment so they can cope and thrive.
- Outpatient mental health clinics provide psychiatric assessment, medication management, psychological, education and diagnostic testing, and intensive therapy for individuals and families in White Plains, Yonkers and Peekskill. Learn more about Mental Health Clinics
- Situational crisis management is available to individuals, families, and communities struggling with the emotional impacts of traumatic events. Learn more about Crisis Management
- The S.E.E.D. program (Social and Emotional Enrichment and Development) brings mental health screening and therapeutic services to students in six public schools across Yonkers and Peekskill. Learn more about S.E.E.D. program
- Building Blocks uses the successful Floor Time® model in a sensory-based setting to enhance self-regulation and engagement in children with special needs, including autistic spectrum disorders (ASD). Learn more about Building Blocks
- Community collaborations bring mental health services to homeless and Head Start children and families in New Rochelle and White Plains. Learn more about Community collaborations
- The ANDRUS Early Recognition Program offers wellness screenings and training workshops for parents to support the cognitive, emotional, and behavioral development of children in Yonkers. Learn more about Early Recognition
Child Care Facilities and Family Supports:
Quality childcare and family support services help parents and children thrive In addition to restorative services, ANDRUS provides a growing range of preventive services to support the social, emotional, and academic development of children and families across Westchester County.
- The ANDRUS Early Learning Center (AELC) offers affordable full and half-day childcare in a stimulating environment for children 6 weeks to 5 years. Learn more about ELC
- The Eastchester After School Youth (EASY) program provides academic enrichment and recreational programs for local elementary and middle school students. Learn more about EASY program
- Home visiting programs – Healthy Families NY (HFNY) and Therapeutic Parent Aide Services (TAPAS) reinforce parenting skills and help families build healthy, nurturing relationships to promote school readiness. Learn more about Home Visiting
- The Yonkers Early Childhood Initiative (ECI) celebrates early childhood development by building awareness of community resources. Learn more about ECI